- Conceived of, designed, organized and executed an "unconference" within a conference that was a blend of Play Dates and Ed-Camps.
- Friday, February 26, 2016: Thirty educators from countries around the world, facilitated discussions on current, relevant pedagogy and/or facilitated an exploration of tools for learning.
- PlayCamp 2016
- Zap Some Life into your Videos with Zaption
On Friday, June 27, I will be facilitating a workshop on Gamification with my "virtual colleague" Michael Matera. Michael and I discovered our shared passion for gamification through our Twitter PLN. We look forward to sharing our passion for this awesome classroom strategy in Atlanta this year.
On Friday, February 28, 2014 from 1:00pm -3:00pm I will be presenting with the R&D PD 3.0 task force on Hacking Your Own PD.
Then from 3:15pm to 4:45pm I will be presenting part I of a 2 part workshop entitled, Are You Ready For Some Football? Gamify Your Curriculum Part I.
On Saturday, March 1, 2014, from 1:00pm to 2:30pm, I will be facilitating part II of my workshop on Gamification, Are You Ready For Some Football? Gamify Your Curriculum Part II.
Then from 2:45pm to 4:45 pm, Toby Aickin and I will be discussing the power of social media in the classroom in our workshop entitled, Dropping the F-Bomb in Class: Leveraging Facebook and other social media with your students.
If you are planning on attending the Lausanne Learning Institute on Sunday July 14 from 9am to 12pm, I will be doing a preconference workshop on Gamification.
Monday from 2:00pm - 3:00pm, I will be giving a presentation about how I use Facebook and other forms of social media in my classes, entitled Dropping the F-bomb in Class
Then on Tuesday from 2:45pm-1:45pm, I will be giving a presentation entitled First Steps Towards Innovation using strategies such as games-based learning, project based learning, blended learning, and use of mobile devices in your class on your first day back after summer vacation.
Finally, from 2:00pm to 3:00pm on Tuesday, I will be giving a presentation entitled DIY PD where we will talk about how you can leverage the power of twitter and blogs to establish your own PLN.
On Tuesday the 25th from 3:45pm–4:45pm, I will be giving a presentation entitled Are You Ready for Some Football? Gamification for Everyone. ransform your lessons with a how-to guide that takes you from "spring training" to "touchdown" using game elements to make lessons more engaging.
Saturday January 19 - Preconference: American School of Bombay: Building a Culture of Innovation with Shannon Gallagher, Tobias Aickin, Savio D'Mello, Mario Fishery, Shabbi Luthra, and Craig Johnson
- Become a Teacher Research: Action Research in the Classroom (with Shannon Gallagher)
- DIY PD
- What's Your One Thing? Innovative strategies that you can implement on Monday.
Monday January 20
- The IB Biological Clock is Ticking: Getting Dirty with a Flipped Model (with Amaral Cunha)
- Gamification 101
Tuesday January 21
- Dropping the F-bomb in class: Leveraging Facebook and Other Social Media to
Connect with Kids (with Tobias Aickin)
ASB Unplugged coming soon.